Looking for a small town with big character and a ton of fun things to do? Slidell may just be the perfect place for you to call home. Located in St. Tammany Parish, Slidell is home to approximately 27,622 Louisiana residents.
Nestled along the tranquil shores of Lake Pontchartrain, Slidell is a favorite destination for those who enjoy sailing, fishing, and swimming. It truly is a boaters’ paradise. In fact, many people enjoy the lake living lifestyle here and work in New Orleans. The easy commute makes this an attractive location for those who want the best of both worlds.
Residents of Slidell are dedicated to protecting the historical homes, businesses, and landmarks throughout town. One of the most prominent areas is Olde Towne Slidell Main Street. The town of Slidell has managed to safeguard their historical landmarks while encouraging economic development. This delicate balance is accomplished through the work of many volunteers and the support of the community.
Lending to the active, outdoor lifestyle that many residents enjoy are the beautiful parks maintained by the Slidell Parks and Recreation Department.
- Griffith Park features a charming gazebo, a covered pavilion, and a playground.
- Ducksworth Park features a softball field and a playground. The field is rentable.
- Possum Hollow Park features two softball fields, two multi-purpose fields, a playground, a covered pavilion. The fields are rentable.
- Fritchie Park features two softball fields, a baseball field, a nature trail, a playground, and a covered pavilion.
- Heritage Park is the largest park in Slidell. It features picnic areas with shelters and restroom facilities. Other amenities include a gazebo, a boat launch, a walking path, a playground, and a splash pad.
The median household income for residents of Slidell is an estimated $48,503. The median home value is an estimated $152,655. Both of these amounts are above the state’s averages.
Your real estate agent is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give The Mixon Team a call today at 985-277-1063 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or to tour available homes for sale.