If you are interested in living in New Orleans, Contact The Mixon Team at 985-277-1063
New Orleans is known as the “Big Easy,” and if you are visiting there with children, then you will likely be looking for easy ways to entertain them with things to do with children in the New Orleans area during your vacation. The following is a list of some of the top things to do in New Orleans, LA are, including in Mandeville, LA and other cities in the St. Tammany Parish:
1. Fontainebleau State Park (http://www.fontainebleaustatepark.com/)One of the top things to do in New Orleans if you like the great outdoors is to head to Fontainebleau State Park, which is right across the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge. The park is 2,800 acres of area that includes rental cabins, fishing piers, and a Global Wildlife Center that lets the whole family see some of the area wildlife up close and personal when you take a special wagon ride through the 1,000 acre area. Entry fees to the park are only $1 per person, and are free for kids under 3 and seniors 62 and up, which makes it a great choice for grandparents taking their grandkids out for a day of wildlife watching, hiking, fishing or other outside activities.
2. Mandeville Sports Complex(http://mandevillesportscomplex.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx)Another one of the interesting and fun things to do with children in the New Orleans area is to take the kids to the Mandeville Sports Complex. This sport venue has a wide selection of fitness and sport programs open to the whole family. It’s a great place for everyone to use up some excess energy and fight obesity in a fun way by playing volleyball or basketball, going swimming, joining an exercise class, doing some gymnastics, or doing water aerobics. There are also summer camps and special programs for kids of all ages for kids living in New Orleans, LA.
3. Insta-Gator Ranch (http://www.insta-gatorranch.com/)
What kids wouldn’t get excited at the prospect of having the chance to not only see alligators, but even to possibly pet and handle some baby alligators! All that is possible at the Insta-Gator Ranch in Covington, LA, one of the things to do in New Orleans, LA. The ranch is open all year long and offers guided tours of the facility where visitors can see where the critters are raised from egg to adult. The ranch’s mission is to preserve the state’s wetlands while conserving the alligators themselves as a species. There are thousands of alligators on the premises. Guides show how the harvest the eggs from the swamps, and raise them to maturation. The kids can get their picture taken with an alligator or catch a baby one in a special area, with the alligator’s mouth taped for safety. Reservations are suggested and you can call (985) 892-3669 for current prices and times of tours.
4. Fun Zone(http://pearlriverfunzone.com/fun_zone_climb_and_bounceria_005.htm)If your kids like arcade games, air hockey, bouncy toys, and pizza, then the Fun Zone in nearby Pearl River, LA is a great place to come for fun and excitement. Fun Zone is designed to be a place to combine food and fun for those both visiting and living in New Orleans, LA area. You can also special order a birthday party for your child here with one of their arcade or Wii birthday party packages.
The Fun Zone also has inflatables like rock climbing walls, bouncers, and more that are fun for younger kids. The Fun Zone is designed for kids between the ages of 3 and 15, making it one of the fun things to do with children in the New Orleans area.
5. Cajun Encounters (http://www.cajunencounters.com/swamp_tour.html) in Slidell, LA.Another of the fun things to do in New Orleans, LA area for nature lovers that the whole family will like is Cajun Encounters. They offer swamp and planation tours and have activities for the older kids on your list. They were voted the number one tour facility for Cajun tours in the New Orleans, LA area and take visitors out to the famous Honey Island Swamp on 22 passenger boats, both covered and uncovered, that let you and the kids actually get to touch, smell and experience the swamp and its fauna and wildlife upfront and personal, making it one of the top things to do with children in New Orleans, LA area.
Just call for tour information at 1-866-92-TOURS or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You won’t want to miss the chance to see everything from alligators and turtles to bald eagles and black bears! With the best guides around, you and your kids will be safe and secure, yet thrilled and excited by their experiences.
6. Slidell Rocks at http://slidellrocks.com/If your kids love rock climbing walls, bring them to Slidell Rocks the first and third Friday of every month for Kid’s Climbing Night. It’s open to children ages six and up and the crew there will supply the spotters to watch over climbers. It’s another of the fun things to do with children in the New Orleans, LA area.
7. The Audubon Zoo (www.auduboninstitute.org)Many children like looking at animals and one of the best zoos in the area is another of the fun things to do with children in the New Orleans, LA area – the Audubon Zoo in the Garden District of New Orleans. The Audubon Zoo is said to be a living museum and holds 58 acres of animals, and plants. You and the kids can be wowed by creatures like monkeys, elk, bears, orangutans, sea lions and lots more. Plus there is an aquarium, on site restaurant and lots of rocking chairs positioned throughout the zoo where you and the kids can take a rest.
The Audubon Aquarium itself has a shark pool where the kids can touch a baby shark, along with other sea life like the seahorse gallery, the Caribbean reef tunnel, an Amazon jungle exhibit, and even a rare albino white alligator. These venues of the aquarium and zoo are bound to be hits on the list of the things to do in New Orleans, LA.
These are but a few of the great things to do with children in the New Orleans, LA area, so come here to experience these and other exciting and fun things to do in the Big Easy!
If you are interested in living in New Orleans, Contact Jamie Mixon and The Mixon Team at 985-277-1063.